New Bern Church of God will be returning to worship at the church on Sunday, May 31, 2020, for the 11:00 am service. The doors will open at 10:30 am.
All the guidelines that are created are for the safety and the health of each individual who desires to attend our worship services. Your health is of utmost concern to us.
No one having had COVID – 19 symptoms in the past 14 days should come to service. These symptoms include, but are not limited to the following; fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle aches, sore throat, or new loss of taste and smell. Please be considerate of the health of others and stay home and worship with us online.
Social distancing will be in practice while at our church. In order to comply with these guidelines, we are asking you to do the following:
- When you enter the church, we are asking you to go directly to your seat and when leaving please go directly to your vehicle. Please no gathering in the foyer or narthex.
- When choosing your seat, we ask that you practice social distancing by sitting a minimum of 6’ from the nearest person on that pew. Only families may sit together in the service or the person or persons that they rode with to church. Children must sit with their parents during the service.
- Every other pew will available for seating.
- We are asking that no handshakes or physical contact take place during your visit as we honor the social distancing guidelines.
- There will be no Sunday school, Children’s Church, or children’s classes or other events at the church at this time, other than our Sunday morning worship service at 11:00 am and our Wednesday Bible Study at 7:00 pm. This will give us time to sanitize and disinfect our church. We will not only clean the church between services, but we will also sanitize and disinfect it as well to help ensure that you will have a safe visit.
- Our ushers will not be taking up the offering in service as we have done in the past. Instead, we will be having a box that will be placed at the entrance doors of the sanctuary or you may consider online giving.
If you would feel more comfortable coming to church wearing gloves and masks, we encourage you to do so. Perhaps some of you are in the high-risk category and you feel uncomfortable in attending, we will continue our services online for your personal enrichment.
We are looking forward to seeing you on Sunday!