WHAT WE BELIEVE
WE HAVE A FRESH NEW VISION AND A DREAM THAT IS ALIVE
Our vision is to reach every lost person we can with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to share God’s love and to preach a message of hope to those who feel as if there is no help left. We are a church where everyone is welcome and loved. Where denominational walls, legalistic walls, religious walls, and prejudice walls have been torn down. It is our goal to create an atmosphere where people from all walks of life can gather to worship in harmony. Today, New Bern Church of God has a fresh new vision and a dream that is alive.
- In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
- In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
- That Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor.
- That all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- That justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- In sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost.
- Holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people.
- In the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart.
- In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
- In water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost.
- Divine healing is provided for all in the atonement.
- In the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet.
- In the premillennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.
- In the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
We feel that it is necessary to submit ourselves to an organization larger than we are for accountability and guidance. We are a part of the Church of God – Cleveland, TN. Being a part of a world wide, excellent ministry provides a system of accountability for every church leadership position.
The Church of God seeks to fulfill the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ to “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,…” (Matthew 28:19).
We seek to be a gateway of information and support between those whom God calls to minister around the world and those whom God calls to sponsor these ministries. We support and develop an international perspective, in fulfilling the mission of the Church of God, and ensure the sponsorship of ministries that meet the needs of persons of different cultural settings. Our work includes specialized training programs and materials, opportunities for leadership experience, and opening channels for new ideas.
Church of God World Missions exists to exalt Jesus Christ through evangelism, church planting, leadership development and other ministries of compassion for a flourishing international church.
For more information about the Church of God, visit www.churchofgod.org